Fear of Flying (Aerophobia)
Fear of Flying or the technical term Aerophobia is a debilitating fear, which can ruin the lead upto and the first days of a holiday. This normally starts as early as thinking about a holiday, booking a holiday or even seeing a plane in the sky. It can be very embarrassing for the person suffering from this extreme type of panic reaction. Even if the person gets to the holiday destination or business destination, there is the same highly anxious and panicky feelings building back up again towards the end of the trip or journey.
In most circumstances the earliest root cause for Fear of Flying (Aerophobia) relates to either the very first flight, or the last disturbing time you flew on an aeroplane. Common events or occurances within the flight could be: known turbulence, unexpected turbulence, thunderstorms or lightening, heavy dark clouds, recent unconnected highly upsetting or fearful event, or recent terrorist event.
Find our more about the different CBT therapies we use here at Barnsley Hypnosis and Counselling.
Click for more
- Introduction to Fears & Phobias
- Fear of Social Situation (Social Phobia)
- Fear of Flying (Aerophobia)
- Fear of Dentists (Odontophobia)
- Fear of Needles (Trypanophobia)
- Fear of Spiders (Arachnophobia)
- Fear of Heights (Acrophobia)
- Fear of Dogs (Cynophobia)
- Fear of Birds (Ornithophobia)
- Fear of Public Speaking (Glassophobia)
- Fear of Enclosed Spaces (Claustrophobia)
- Fear of Open Spaces (Agoraphobia)
- Fear of Dirt or Infection (Molysomophobia)
- Fear of Being Sick (Emetophobia)